Name: CBD (Cannabidiol)
Boiling Point: 165°C
Not all cannabinoids are colorless. One of the most brightly yellow-colored cannabinoids is CBD, a very valuable cannabinoid. CBD has tremendous medical potential. This is particularly true when the correct ratio of CBD to THC is applied to treat a particular condition. CBD acts as an antagonist at both the CB1 and CB2 receptors, yet it has a low binding affinity for both. This suggests that CBD’s mechanism of action is mediated by other receptors in the brain and body. (via medicaljane.com)
- Pain Relief
- A new formulation of cannabidiol in cream shows therapeutic effects in a mouse model of experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis.
- Protective Effects of Cannabidiol on Lesion-Induced Intervertebral Disc Degeneration.
- Neural basis of anxiolytic effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in generalized social anxiety disorder: a preliminary report.
- Cannabidiol as potential anticancer drug.
- Inhibition of colon carcinogenesis by a standardized Cannabis sativa extract with high content of cannabidiol.