COVID-19 UPDATE: HARVEST MEDICINE CLINIC REOPENINGS- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones have been well during this most challenging time. As you know, for the past several months our clinic locations were temporarily closed in accordance with provincial guidelines to ensure the safety of our staff and patients. Since mid-March, we have continued to support our patients via telehealth appointments and virtual visits via our HMED Connect mobile app.
It is with great pleasure that we announce that we are seeing patients for in-clinic visits, beginning with our Cole Harbour location in Nova Scotia, effective Wednesday, September 9, 2020. Alberta and New Brunswick patients will be advised of clinic reopening dates as they arise.
To keep you informed and confident that we are taking every measure to offer you a safe and comfortable visit, here are the steps we have taken:
- Reduced the number of patients in the clinic to ensure social distancing
- Adjusted clinic layout and flow, with floor decals, installed to ensure safe distancing
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of consultation rooms, high traffic areas and iPads between patient visits
- Provided masks for all staff, patients are also required to wear masks as per local regulations
- Installed plexiglass in certain areas, with added hand sanitizer stations and extra signage
- Implemented pre-screening of patients and staff via questionnaire and temperature checks
- Trained our teams on additional COVID-19 health and safety protocols
We continue to offer telehealth appointments and encourage higher risk patients to book a virtual visit instead. Any patients who are displaying symptoms or who may have had recent exposure will be rescheduled.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR IN-CLINIC APPOINTMENT
You’ll notice some small but important changes to your usual appointment routine, and we sincerely thank you ahead of time for your co-operation and assistance in ensuring that our patients and staff have an efficient, pleasant, and safe visit.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Entrance to the clinics is by appointment only, please plan to arrive 5 minutes before your appointment time.
- If you have a cell phone, please call the clinic directly to let the staff know that you have arrived for your appointment. You will be provided with the number ahead of time, and it will be posted on the door.
- Please wait outside the clinic.
- Once your physician/practitioner is available for your appointment we will call you on your cell phone to let you know to come inside.
DURING YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Please ensure that you are wearing a mask.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed at the entrance for you to use before fully entering the clinic.
- Staff will conduct a temperature and brief wellness check.
- You will be asked to confirm personal information.
- There may be a brief waiting time, seats in the waiting room will be spread further apart than usual to allow for distancing.
- Please refer to the foot traffic floor decals to ensure safe distancing.
AFTER YOUR APPOINTMENT
- When your appointment is complete, the new foot traffic patterns will require you to exit out the back/alternate entrance of the clinic.
One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to your care and a positive experience!
MORE INFORMATION AND ALTERNATIVES
If you are in a higher risk group or aren’t quite ready to visit us in person, we are pleased to offer other options to meet your needs and comfort level. You are welcome to schedule a telehealth consultation and meet with your healthcare practitioner and patient educator over the phone by booking online, or by phone at 1-844-488-4633. You are also welcome to book a virtual online appointment via our HMED Connect app. Telehealth and virtual appointments are free of charge.
If you have any questions, please contact our support center at 1-844-488-4633, or reach out by email to email@example.com.
If you haven’t already, follow Harvest Medicine on social media for up-to-date information.
We look so forward to seeing you again, and as always, thank you for choosing Harvest Medicine as your trusted partner on your medical cannabis journey!